Past Design Teams

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January photo inspiration challenge at Some Odd Girl

Each month there is a fun community challenge at Some Odd Girl.  For January we are talking photo inspiration.  It cold be anything from the shape of something to the colors.  Just find something in a photograph and let it inspire you to create something using a Some Odd Girl image.

I love birds.  I found this beautiful image online and decided that I loved the colors and blurry background, so those are the elements I used from it to inspire my project:



For my project I used the Kiss a Prince Tia image.  She was printed onto white cardstock using Copics.  I then put little dots with the same marker colors around her to create a background.  I then trimmed around the image.  I used Distress Oxide inks to create the main card base background.  I found these super fun stencil brushes that are perfect for creating kind of a muted smudgy looking design which was exactly what I was looking for.  I then added the printed sentiment to the front.  All the elements added to the front are mounted using foam tape for dimension.

 
You have until the end of the month to load your image on the facebook page here in this album!!!
Happy crafting...Lynda

No comments: